Thursday, June 30, 2011

Boise Zoo and Rose Garden

Thursday(June 30), it turned out to be a beautiful day, so we headed to the zoo. Aaron wanted to get the kids out of the house with the new baby home and all, and Marti and I also wanted to go to the zoo, so we all went together. Aaron was our guide, and we made it through the whole zoo in just over an hour. It worked out well since I didn't realize it closed at 5:00, and it was around 3:45 when we got there. It is a pretty small zoo, and I have to say that I wasn't very impressed. A lot of the animals didn't seem very well cared for. I saw several that looked deformed in one way or another.  Regardless though, it was a good time and nice to be out walking around and especially with family and friends.  It is very shaded, so it felt good.


Alex with Ashlyn and Jaydon

Ally was sweet to Jarem.  He loves to be babied.

Jarem on top of the giraffe slide

At the bottom

Servals

The giraffes looked very healthy.  This was the baby.



Goofy picture of Alex getting his arm bit off and everyone doing something different.

Tessa had to try getting her head in the tiger's mouth.

The Rose Garden is right next to the zoo, so after going to the zoo, we had to visit the Rose Garden.  It was a smaller rose garden, but very nice.  I love seeing the varieties of roses and making note of the names for my own yard.  The kids mostly enjoyed it too.  I expected a lot more complaining, but there wasn't much.  They all found roses they liked.  My brother in law, Aaron, is colorblind, so he enjoyed the red ones (which he can see) and the fragrant ones the most.
Betty Boop (I used to have this one in my yard in Wa) The color is not good on this though, it was too bright.

About Face: another of my favorite roses

Sharifa Asma: this one looked almost like a peony, but was SO sweet smelling.  Aaron was all about the fragrance.

Rainbow Sorbet: another award winner

Strike it Rich: I love this one as well
I left my camera in the car and ended up using my phone for all these pictures.  That was disappointing.

2 comments:

6L's said...

i'm lovin that girraffe slide!

Susan said...

Darn, you missed your opportunity to take rose pictures with your camera! The one of the About Face turned out really well, though. Mine is blooming & looks just like that. So pretty! I have not made it to the rose garden this year. Very disappointing. I loved that giraffe slide..so cool!