Friday, July 1, 2011

World Center for Birds of Prey

Friday morning (July 1), after we said our goodbyes to the Fourtners and checked out of the hotel, we went to spend a little more time with the Candace and Aaron and decided to go to the World Center for Birds of Prey in Boise.  Aaron took their kids and I took our kids and we enjoyed seeing a lot of different birds of prey.  I also learned a lot about falconry, which I had never heard of up to that point.  It was interesting stuff.





We watched two different presentations given by this woman.  She was very knowledgable.  In this one she is holding a kestrel.
 Of course, Tessa and Jarem (our animal lovers) had to try out being a bird:




Jesikah liked this owl puppet because it looked like Hedwig from Harry Potter.

Once again, I must have left my good camera in the car, because I ended up with phone pictures.  UGH! 

2 comments:

6L's said...

this looks like fun. :) woah, mama! you are doing a great big catch up! good for you!! i still need to do last year's book.

Susan said...

Ok, you need to glue your big camera to your hand ;)