Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Simply Marvelous

I've been waiting since my roses grew their first leaves in spring for the purple rose called, "Simply Marvelous" to bloom. It's a purple floribunda rose. Purple roses are some of my favorite, and fairly uncommon. I loved the purple Neptune I had in my old yard, but it only had few blooms since it was a tea rose (one per cane). This one has many more because it's a florabunda. Finally, the past few days, it is blooming and so beautiful! Here's some pictures of the rose in the stages of bloom. It is such a pretty color.


Bud stage



Opening bud



And, fully open


Here's another picture of my hot cocoa rose

And, last, one picture of my blushing knockout rose. I had the red knockout rose at my old house and loved it, but decided to try a different variety this time around. The pink is pretty, although the red was a bit more vibrant.
I hope I'm not boring ya'll with my flower pictures...

3 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful roses! My Blushing Knockout is blooming also and looks identical to yours! I love your purple rose. That is such a beautiful color! Wow! Does it have a nice scent?

Nadia said...

Love the roses. I wish that you were here to give me tips!

Tami said...

I LOVE your flower pictures. They were so great I could almost smell them! :) I love roses too! Having flowers bloom in your yard is amazing isn't it?