Sunday, June 21, 2009

More Nasty Storms

I've blogged a lot about storms since we've lived here, and I guess it's because I'm still just not used to the type of thunderstorms they have around here. We have had a few this past week with the worst one on Wednesday night. I arrived at the church with Tessa for an interview with the bishop during Alex's youth activity when the storm really hit. It's amazing how quickly it comes on. It's like everything is calm and then within a matter of seconds it is blowing and raining like crazy with the lightning and thunder everywhere. Crazy stuff. So we had to hang out at the church until almost 10 when the tornado threats were over. Eric was home with Jesikah and Jarem and the videoed two forming funnel clouds that went over our house.

Jesikah has been wanting to get some good pictures of lightning. I'm not sure how I feel about that. :) Anyway, she got a few pictures of the storm before she had to come in. I'm so glad that we decided to get a basement!

Rain coming down hard!


Trees blowing...several were uprooted across town


Another of the wind and rain


This flash on the side of this photo must have been lightning...I'm wondering how close it was...


Jesikah was excited to finally get one with lightning...she took lots and lots from our front porch

2 comments:

Susan said...

I do not miss those midwest thunderstorms one bit! We had a few over the weekend in Spokane and Gabby freaked out a bit, as well as the dog. Am glad we don't get too many here in Western WA.

Tami said...

That is a really cool picture with lightening in it! Storms in the south can be scarry..