Friday, June 12, 2009

My Roses

Two of my best friends from Washington (Marti and Susan) sent me a surprise in April for my birthday. I got 5 bareroot roses in the mail!! I was thrilled! They both know how much I love flowers and gardening, and they picked colors and varieties that they knew were my favorites including some that I had in my Washington yard. I was thrilled!. So, Eric and I planted them in the spring and since then I've been waiting for them to bloom.

The first one bloomed(Honey Perfume) while I was in Washington so I mostly missed it, but it's going to bloom again soon. However, two of my favorites are blooming now. The hot cocoa rose which I had in my Washington yard and LOVED and the Disneyland rose which was a new one that Marti picked out for me. I wanted them to see the roses blooming that they gave me. They are so beautiful. Thank you Marti and Susan!


Hot cocoa rose bud

Hot cocoa rose still beautiful even completely open...see the smoky edges. That's one of the things I love about this rose.

Disneyland rose close-up cluster. It's such a pretty color with pinks, oranges, and yellows all in one.

Disneyland rose bush...can you believe all those blossoms? It is so pretty right now.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Finally, pictures of your roses! They are both beautiful. I can't believe how many blooms you got on your Disneyland bush. Wow!

Fourtner Family said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for showing us but you give me too much credit. I mean, picking a rose called Disneyland--that's kind of obvious coming from me, right? Honestly, the flowers at Disney are one of my favorite things about the place. I'm glad that one turned out so awesome! I fully credit Susan for all the other beauties--does she know how to pick them or what? You should see all her roses right now--they're going crazy! :)

Linda said...

So beautiful! I always love your flower pictures. And you totally should decorate your house with some of your photographs!