Sunday, March 1, 2009

Can't Keep 'Em Up!


I'm not sure who got Jarem dressed today...not that I'm complaining. All I know is that once we got to church and sat down, Jarem came to me and was holding his pants up in desperation. I looked to see what the problem was and noticed that he could pull out the waist of his pants a good 3-4 inches in front of him and if he dropped them, they would have been gathered around his ankles. Then I noticed, his shirt was too small and when he looked up his belly showed. His mommy obviously didn't check him over before he left the house.

Well, first things first, he obviously needed a belt badly, but I didn't happen to have a spare one lying around. :) I looked over to Eric for inspiration, and he miraculously pulled out a ball of twine from his bag and went about cutting and putting it through his belt-loops with a knot in front. (He claims the twine was for an object lesson in Young Men's)... Even leaving the shirt out, it wasn't long enough to cover the twine, so it was pretty obvious how his pants were staying up. Well, it kept his pants up all of church, so it was a success. I bet all the boys will be wearing twine instead of belts next week...it was SUCH a fashion statement!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Eric must have dressed him for church. He he :)

6L's said...

funny! the boys brought home white rope last week. apparently it was part of their costume for the lesson. they were wearing them again after church today...we all love sister russell!!

Candace said...

This is so funny! Aaron and I were reading it together and we were both laughing hard about Eric just happening to have twine in his things! Way to be prepared!

Tami said...

That is a cute story. Don't you love it when they dress themselves and it turns out looking very interesting! I have some pretty wild dressers around here too.