Friday, March 13, 2009

Snow Day!

Just a couple of days after our 81 degree weather, it snowed! Whenever I ask anyone about the weather here, people tell me one of two things, "If you don't like the weather, just wait 10 minutes." or "The only consistent thing about the weather is it's inconsistent". I think I believe it. We've certainly had a lot of different weather since we've been here. I don't remember ever living in a place where it got to 81 degrees in March!

Last night it started snowing huge flakes (like I haven't seen here before). It was very pretty, and we would have enjoyed it even more had it been Christmastime, but the good news is, the kids finally got enough snow to make a snowman and they scored having school cancelled too! So, everyone except Eric, is getting a 3 day weekend. We had a good time out in the snow, and it wasn't that cold.

The picture above is my first attempt at digital scrapbooking. I've been learning how to use the Photoshop Elements program that Eric gave me for Christmas, and it is a lot of fun.

I'll post a some pictures of our cute "Sally Snowman" below.

Tessa and Jarem on their snowballs.


We're each sitting on the snowball we made.


I liked this picture because I was getting a picture of Tessa sitting on her snowball, and Jesikah just happened to be throwing a snowball in the background.

A picture of the big flakes coming down last night.


Here comes "Sally Snowman" as the kids named her.


I like this picture because it was a spontaneous picture of Jesikah and I looking at each other while we were putting our arms around the snowman. Alex took it before we were ready.



All of us with our snowman. It is a 4 ball snowman because we each made a snowball. Alex's camera has the wrong date for some reason?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! How fun!! I love Sally Snowman, I started cracking up when her picture came up!! That is soooo cute!

6L's said...

cute! ya'll really got some good sized balls even if it did take the whole yard, lol!

Susan said...

You guys finally got enough snow for a snowman! I'm sure your kids were happy! With all the snow we got here in December, the kids didn't even go outside to play in the 2 inches we got earlier this week. BTW, I like your hat!

Candace said...

Super cute pictures. I like your scrapbook page. The mats look really nice behind the pictures. We were thinking it was warm today in the low 50's. I can't imagine 80's and then snow!

Tami said...

Looks like fun! Cute pictures. I am switching our blog to a private blog and I don't have your email address. Will you email it to me so that I can send you a blog invite? Thanks! tamilsmith@aol.com

Fourtner Family said...

Yeah! You finally got enough to play in! I'm glad we got the warm, though, since we've had more than our normal share of snow this year. Sally was very cute--glad you had fun! Great photography Alex!