Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring!


After our weekend of weather in the 60's and 70's, a lot of the trees are budding and starting to blossom, and the daffodils are blooming! I love seeing the changes of the seasons! This will be our first spring here, and it looks like it will be very pretty. Here's a few pictures of trees and flowers near our house. Jesikah took the pictures of the daffodils yesterday near the little white church at the front of our neighborhood. She got some great pictures. I'm only including a couple of them.

Magnolia tree (for you, Susan)

Looks like popcorn popping... I never understood that song until we moved to Missouri.

5 comments:

Eden said...

Looks beautiful. I can't wait for spring to reach us here too.

Heather said...

So lucky! We are back down to 25 degrees for the high of the day and single digits at night! I wish spring would hurry up and get here!

Anonymous said...

That looks so pretty! I can't say I have ever really experienced any sort of spring before. Arizona, nothing grows in the first place, and I don't know California enough yet to notice any changes yet. Those daphadils are gorgous!

Susan said...

Why are you tormenting me??? Thanks for the pic of the magnolia-it is one of my favorites! You will need to plant one in your new yard...speaking of your yard, where are the pix you promised me???? I think it's supposed to warm up on Friday to a whopping 59 degrees so we'll see if we can get something blooming around here. The flowering plum trees have their buds already so we are hoping it won't be too long before we get those beautiful pink flowers! I can't wait!

Fourtner Family said...

Pretty blossoms! Despite our recent cold snap and snowstorm my daffodils are surviving and I do see some buds on my flowing crabapple trees. Yeah spring! Those trucks are awesome! And Susan, I took some yard pictures I'll have to send you!