Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blue Jays


Whenever I sit down to eat a meal, I look out the window and see beautiful blue jays flying around the trees at the back of our yard. I've wanted to get a picture of them for awhile. Well, finally this morning I saw the blue jays at the back of our yard again, and I managed to get a picture. I zoomed WAY in and then cropped it to get them this close, so it is a little blurry! Next time I want to get one in flight. Their wings are SO pretty!


Yesterday it got up to 81 degrees! We actually turned the air conditioner on because it was so hot upstairs last night. Then, this morning when I took the girls to school it was 40! Wow, what a drop in temps, but at least it got the spring ball rolling around here!


I signed the 3 older kids up for spring soccer, and we had our first practice last night. It was great weather. I'm not sure I'm ready for practices every night and multiples some nights plus 3 games on Saturday. But, we did have a nice break! Alex has 2 practices a week this time (neither of which are on Sunday), so that makes me very happy!

3 comments:

Carroll Family said...

Beautiful!!! I love Blue Jays.

Anonymous said...

Blue Jays are very pretty! Can't say I have ever seen one, thanks for posting it! Glad you finally got to take a picture!

Susan said...

Those blue jays are very beautiful...I can't believe it was 81 degrees! It was sunny here today but soooo cold. I want to be where you are!