Friday, February 27, 2009

A Cardinal


This morning, I went to take the trash out to the street for pick-up and there was a cardinal that flew by me and landed on the neighbor's roof, so I ran to get my camera and amazingly it was still there when I got back. Luckily, I already had the big lens on so I was able to get a closer picture.

One thing I love about living in different parts of the country is there are different birds everywhere. I've always enjoyed looking at birds. I especially like the bright colored ones, like in Washington I liked the Gold Finch. There are a lot of beautiful birds here. I hope to get a picture of a blue jay soon...they are SO pretty! I'm always admiring them from a distance.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, I hope there will be some pretty birds around when we visit. Gabby also enjoys looking at all the birds after learning about them last year in school. We need to get some new bird feeders this year so we can attract more birds. The ones from last year fell apart. Sigh. We have so many pretty birds here and I do think the Goldfinch is one of the prettiest.

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Hello Bass family,
I just ran into your blog for the first time, what a cute family. We haven't seen you for 6 years, it's so good to see what your family has been up to.