Monday, March 17, 2014

Toothpaste Commercial

I hate it when its 10pm and I'm ready to crawl in bed and suddenly one of my kids comes running to me in a panic saying, "I have a project due tomorrow".  Then I feel obligated to help them because it is already late and they are in a bind.  And in this situation, Tessa was making a video commercial, but did not know how to use the camcorder or transfer it to a jump drive.  I was pretty much stuck. Mad, but stuck. 

(To qualify it, the 3 oldest really keep track of their homework well and are very responsible, but there are always those moments.)  

So, VERY GRUDGINGLY, I proceeded to help her put together this commercial.  What made me even more frustrated was the fact that she wanted Jarem to be IN the commercial.  I've been really struggling to get him to bed on time, and it was already way past his bedtime.  But, I put my anger aside and we proceeded.

In the commercial, Jarem was getting ready to get his soccer pictures taken.  In the first picture, he smiled like he was embarrassed and Tessa said, "Have you ever gotten your picture taken and been embarrassed of your yellow teeth?"  Then, she said, "Not anymore".  Jarem held up the toothpaste and smiled big for the camera. "With ________ toothpaste, you can now smile with confidence".

It was cute and simple really and didn't take long at all.  Here's a couple of pictures that I got of Jarem during the commercial.


Before

Embarrassed of yellow teeth smile

Not Anymore

1 comment:

Susan said...

That's a funny story. I hope you kept the video!