Saturday, March 15, 2014

Mr Ansberry

Mr Ansberry has been the girls' band teacher for the last 4 years.  He may be a little quirky, forgetful, and odd, but when it comes to teaching music, he is amazing.  Alex knew him as the weird teacher who always wore rainbow suspenders.  But the kids in his class like his quirkiness, and he can teach them to play from never touching an instrument to mastering it.  I am so impressed with all my girls have learned in band without every having had a private lesson.  He pushes them and puts in extra time after school for select bands such as: symphonic and jazz.  

Tessa is in the symphonic band, which is his select band.  For this band, you have to be invited to be part of it.  Tessa was invited as a 6th grader, which is pretty honorable.  

These pictures were taken at their symphonic band competition this past Friday.  The band performed very well.  I'm glad Tessa has had the opportunity to be a part of this. 



The thing that I don't like about band is that I can never see my child in the pictures. :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Ah, but you know she's there! Your comment made me laugh.