Friday, March 28, 2014

Skiing and Snowboarding-Days 2&3

The girls went to a full day lessons the first day.  They lucked out and were the only 2 in their class.  Jarem did full-day lessons both days for snowboarding.  He decided that he wanted to be like the other boys in our family and snowboard. :)  

Eric and Alex enjoyed snowboarding together.  I did pretty good the first day until Eric and I went down a run together that was above my level.  I really struggled getting down and fell several times.  One of the times I injured my knee which I was worried would prevent me from skiing the next day.  I iced it, and soaked in the hot tub, and rested it.   
Picture from our room window
 While Micah was sleeping on the first day, I was watching out the window for the kids and saw that girls!

So I zoomed in...the purple jacket is Tessa and the bright pink in front of her is Jesikah, in front of them is their instructor


Day 2: The next morning I felt pretty good, so I gave it a shot.  The girls and I went out and skied first.  It had snowed the night before and the snow was great.  We had a wonderful time going down all the easy runs.  We don't like the hard stuff, so it worked out great!  It was fun to see the girls' personalities come out in their skiing styles.  Jesikah likes to go slower and is very cautious.  Tessa likes to go faster and is more adventurous.  I loved being with them both.

Picture of the mountain going up the lift

Jesikah on the lift

Tessa on the lift

The three of us at the top of the mountain

Later when Jarem got out of his lesson, he showed us his moves!  He did really well and was so cute coming down the hill snowboarding.  It reminded Eric and I of another little boy who started snowboarding about his age. (Alex) Jarem loved it and decided he was going to save all his money for a snowboard.  He begged to go back to lessons for yet another day. :)

After a tiring day of skiing and snowboarding, Jarem and I got smoothies and soaked in the hot tub.It the perfect end to a perfect day!

Around 5:30 that afternoon, we got word that "the package" had arrived at our house!  The Fullers picked it up and overnighted it to us in Utah!

No comments: