Friday, June 1, 2012

Honor Choir Performance

This was Tessa's last Honor Choir Performance at Arts in the School Night.  I wanted to record all the songs since Jesikah, Eric, and Jarem were in Florida.  I was playing the piano for some of the songs, so rather than get up and down, I asked a friend to record them for me.  She did a great job, but unfortunately my phone ran out of memory midway through the 4th song which just happened to be their best performed song of the night (in my opinion).  Anyway, here's the links on Utube if you would like to watch!

Build me up, Buttercup
Too-raloo-raloo-ral (Irish Lullaby)
Rossview Respect (you will recognize the tune adapted to the school song)
Sixteen Tons

Three of these songs come out of the 50-60's era.  I think Mr. Tesch intentionally did this as a tribute to Mrs. Ford since she is retiring.  In fact, actually Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral is an oldie too.  Bing Crosby sang that to Barry Fitzgerald in the 1944 Oscar-winning film, "Going My Way".

1 comment:

6L's said...

they did a great job and i loved watching mr tesch get into the songs! :)