Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fool's Day

Happy April Fool's Day! For the first time, I decided to make some whacky April Fool's food just for fun. Jesikah was on cooking duty this week and I knew she would love to help with something like this. She was excited, so when she got home we kept everyone else out of the kitchen and came up with the following:

 Dinner of spaghetti and garlic sticks or is it?  Really, it is a cake with yellow frosting piped, strawberry jam for topping, and whoppers on top with shortbread cookies on the side.

Dessert: cupcakes or is it?

 Actually, it's the main course.  These colorful morsels are really meatloaf in muffin cups and colored mashed potatoes on top.  The kids were so excited to have cupcakes first.  I enjoyed seeing their faces as they discovered what they were.  I think they were a hit though, regardless.  Alex loved them!  He had about 10.

Jesikah is perfectly satisified because she helped me make dinner and we kept it a secret from the other kids so she already knows what's up.  Tessa, on the other hand, is closely investigating her ...cupcake.

4 comments:

6L's said...

HEEHEE, LOVE IT! I'LL HAVE TO REMEMBER!!

the Sayler's said...

I made those "cupcakes" once when my kids were little. They then refused to try the "grilled cheese sandwiches" (pound cake with orange frosting in the middle). They still remember it to this day...I love trying new things!

Susan said...

Very cool...I should try that next year :) Wonder how my family would react??? Hee hee.

snapie said...

Really Awesome Ideas:) I do the cake version :0)