Sunday, April 3, 2011

Nashville Zoo

I love going on field trips and this year has been even better because I don't have to arrange babysitting.  I got to go to the Nashville zoo with Jarem on Friday, April 1st.  We had a lot of fun.  His teacher assigned me to keep track of Jarem and two other boys.  They are the ones you see in the pictures below: Carson is the redhead and the other is Justin.  Justin's mom was also with us.
Jarem and I riding the bus up


First stop by gibbons


Anaconda (I think?) The snake area was probably the boy's favorite.  Jarem loves me to read his snake books and the others were just as fascinated.

Clouded leopard was also a favorite

Jarem had flamingos fresh in his mind from Disney

Gibbons: cute blonde adult with black baby

brushing the goat

And petting

Iguana

Indigo macaws


Lemurs


Meerkat

Owl: I especially loved the redbud tree blooming in his cage

Spotted stingray...I'd never seen one that is polka-dotted.

Red panda...this one is endangered.  Jarem chose a red panda webkinz as his as his gift at Disney so it was really cool that we saw one in real life.

Ring-billed stork?

Tiger

Toucan...they look so funny when they fly with that big beak straight out in front of them

Zebras

Last stop: wallabies

We didn't have a lot of time to look around, but we saw a lot and had a good time together.  That was our first time to the Nashville zoo.  I'd like to take the other kids back this summer.  They had some unique animals and they looked healthy and well-cared for.  But, best of all, I got to spend time with my boy!

1 comment:

Susan said...

For being there just a short time you managed to see quite a few animals. I always avoid the snake area but I can see how the boys are fascinated by them :) Hope you make it back there this summer. When my kids were younger the zoo was a regular activity for us. I kinda miss it.