Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter

Easter came really late this year.  It was on April 24, so I am setting this post for a few days after that.  I took the kids shopping the day before and everyone got a new outfit for Easter (except Alex and Eric who just got a tie).  The girls decided they wanted to have matching dresses this year, which we haven't done in a few years.  I really liked the yellow ones that they picked.  Neither of them have had a new dress in quite some time, so they were excited.  Jarem enjoyed picking an outfit too.

They each got a stuffed animal in their Easter basket as well as a movie.  Alex got Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Jesikah got the #7 Harry Potter, Tessa got Tangled, and Jarem chalk and colored bubbles(he was the only one that didn't get a movie).  Note to self: Colored bubbles are VERY messy...do not buy again.  Then they got candy and a couple of other small things.

Easter morning dawned cloudy and rainy.  As we were heading to church there was lightning and thunder as well as a heavy downpour.  I dropped the kids off at the door to run in and went to park.  After I had parked, it was still coming down strong and I had no umbrella.  I knew I would get completely soaked if I went in.  As I was looking around the car to see if I had something to cover my head on the way in, Jesikah came out with an umbrella that she borrowed from someone to rescue me.  She is always very thoughtful and I really appreciated her thinking of me.

As we were sitting in Sacrament Meeting, we could hear the thunder and see the lightning and it got very dark outside.  I couldn't help but think that it must have been a day kind of like that when Christ was killed.  Although I much prefer sunny Easters, it certainly did make me think.  I had the privilege of teaching sharing time to the kids in Primary on the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ.  It was very touching for me to teach this, and the children were very receptive.  It was a wonderful Easter.  Unfortunately Eric was on-call, so he had to leave for work right after church and didn't get home until probably 7 or later.  We did have a late dinner together, but it wasn't like our traditional Easter dinner.

Here's some pictures of the kids on that day.  Alex was occupied with something when I was taking pictures of the others, but then was more than willing to pose when I tried to take pictures of him.  (I was surprised since he usually isn't a fan of pictures.)




Jarem couldn't find his Sunday shoes and ended up wearing tennis shoes with his new suit...ugh!




Poor Tessa has had bad allergies lately and her eyes are red and swollen from that.

Jarem loves his Easter ducky



He wanted his picture of just ducky



2 comments:

Susan said...

Cute pictures of Alex..they totally made me chuckle. We did not do much for Easter this year..just went to church with some friends. The girls each got a stuffed animal & some gift cards to Starbucks & Panera. The yellow dresses are so cute. Unfortunately it's been so cold around here we would freeze in dresses :( Please send some sun our way!

Candace said...

The girls dresses are really cute. You got some cute pictures of them and Jarem and Alex! I see that Jesikah got braces. She looks cute in them.