Thursday, March 31, 2011

Epcot

We had planned to go to a waterpark on the last day of our Disney pass, but the kids voted to go to Epcot instead.  It was another beautiful day.  We hit all our favorites and went to one new one: Ellen's Energy Adventure.  That one was really good.  It was a re-vamp of an old dinosaur one that I remember as a kid.  Eric doesn't care for Ellen, but it was still a good show/ride combo and educational too (which is always a plus for me).  I think our family favorite at Epcot is still "Soarin"' though. 

My favorite part of Epcot this time were the gardens.  They were AMAZING!  My camera ran out of battery power the night before Epcot and I had no idea they were having the flower and garden festival.  My cell phone's touchscreen also went out while on vacation, so I was able to get a few pics with my cell phone using some of the manual functions and some with Eric's, but he just didn't have the passion for the gardens that I did.  In fact, the kids were missing that too.  Anyway, the plant sculptures of all the Disney characters were all over the park and the beautiful gardens were everywhere.  If I had been with Susan, we would have spent the whole time talking about the flowers.  But anyway, the rides were fun too. 

We left Epcot early, went back to the hotel for dinner, and then hit Downtown Disney at the kid's request.  Downtown Disney wasn't as fun as we remembered it and very crowded since it was a Saturday night.  They each got something at the Disney store and then they each built a Lego guy/girl (except Alex).





I have a few more pictures that I still need to get off Eric's phone which I will add to this post later.  Sunday we drove home while listening to church cd's, and it was a good drive and a wonderful trip!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Bummer you didn't have your camera! I would have loved to see more flowers. But the pictures you took turned out good. My family also has no passion for flowers :( We will have to go together sometime and enjoy a whole day discussing flowers :) I hear there is a rose garden in Boise. We should try to go see that when we meet up in June..which happens to be rose month! Yay!

Hannah said...

I love all these pictures from your vacation--they are just gorgeous! I am so glad you guys had an awesome time--I am so excited to go next year and you've given me some great ideas!

Linda said...

Uh, that was me. I had no idea Hannah was logged in.:)

6L's said...

i LOVE the picture of Jarem picking his nose, LOL!