Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tessa's Birthday...part one

Well, I was finally able to access my pictures and get on the internet on the same computer! I am so excited! We've had our main computer in the playroom downstairs ever since our office flooded.  The internet reception there wasn't good and continued to get worse until the internet wasn't working at all. Well, the good news is, the office finally is repaired, painted and just like new so we moved our stuff back in last night. I was afraid to check at first because I wasn't certain the problem would be fixed, but the internet works again!! YEAH!

So, here is Tessa's birthday, part one:

Tessa's birthday was June 5 and she turned 9!  I'm late posting due to the problems mentioned above.  Tessa planned her meals for the whole day: for breakfast we had raspberry almond crepes, lunch was hot dogs, and dinner was pulled pork sandwiches. So, we let her open most of her presents at breakfast so she'd have all day to play with her new toys.

Here is Alex first thing in the morning.  Impatient for the crepes, so he's having cereal while he waits.  He's trying to hide from the camera as usual. :) This was the morning after he got back from the 50-mile hike, so he wasn't really in the best of moods.  He was sore, sun-burned, and sleep-deprived!!

And here's the birthday girl...

She got a few bakugans. It's a weird present for a girl (I know) but that is what she wanted. One of their friends have some and they think they are their "pets" kind of like the pet shops.



Opening more presents...

Here's a card from Jesikah going along with the cake theme. In fact, I copied some of her faces from the card for the cake

Back of the card


Cute little cow petshop with an ice cream shop

This cake did not turn out so well.  It was supposed to be a lemon angel food cake from a recipe we found with creamy lemonade icing and crushed lemonheads.  Sounds good, right?  Tessa wanted funny faces on her cake.  Problem #1:  I didn't have any type of  bottle to turn the cake upside into when it came out of the oven, so it shrunk. Problem #2: Jesikah and I brilliantly made all these faces on wax paper and froze them so we could quickly transfer them. As it turned out, the frosting was still too soft after being frozen and wouldn't come off the wax paper so we ended up cutting around the faces on the wax paper and putting the faces WITH the wax paper on the cake.  You couldn't tell though until you cut into it.  Then they had to be removed.  

At least it tasted good!  Regardless of the problems, Tessa was still happy! 

I'm thankful for an easygoing child that doesn't let things like that bother her.  She's everyone's favorite playmate at home.  She's kind, thoughtful, and loving.  She plays with Jarem so well and teaches him all kinds of interesting facts that he is always reciting to me.  And she is usually excited and happy about everything.  She is a companion to Jesikah also.  She brings peace and harmony to our home. 

After this last cake picture, my camera started having a problem with the memory card, so this was the last picture with my camera.  However, we took more pictures with Eric's camera that I will include in part 2.

2 comments:

6L's said...

the cake sounds yummy to me! jesikah's card is so sweet! :)

Susan said...

Happy belated Birthday to Tessa! I can't believe you are 9 already. I really liked your cake. I think it turned out pretty well.