Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hibiscus

This growing season, I have found a new flower that I love...hibiscus!  I have never lived somewhere warm enough for these, but I bought two of the hibiscus trees/topiaries at Sam's for around $13 each and put them out on the deck this spring.  These have been beautiful with multiple blossoms all the time.  These pictures were taken before the Japanese beetles showed up, but they since putting out the bag and spraying, they are recovering from the craziness.






3 comments:

Carroll Family said...

I love these, too! My favorite is the yellow, and the soft peach color, oh, and the red......

Christie said...

They are beautiful... Now I wish I'd have bought them. :-(

Susan said...

They are beautiful. I remember they were very popular in California. Unfortunately they would never grow here in Washington :( I am glad they are recovering from your bug infestation.