Sunday, June 20, 2010

Losing my Marbles

Last week, I had a dentist appointment for a filling.  We were meeting the Howes at the bowling alley before the appointment and I warned the kids we would only have time to play one game before I had to leave to take them home to get to my appointment.  Linda graciously offered to take the kids home if I let them stay and play a second game with her kids, and of course the kids wanted to stay, so I agreed.  I left the bowling alley on time and got to my appointment about 5 minutes early.  When I went to check in, the receptionist immediately said that I was really early.  I was confused and asked what time my appointment was.  She said 3:00 and I was there at 2:00.  She tried to make me feel better by explaining to the full waiting room that I had A LOT of kids.

What made it even worse was the fact that I had showed up to my 2:30 appointment at 9:30am the week before.  I think that woman really does think I'm losing my marbles...but at least I have my kids to blame for it, right? :)

4 comments:

Carroll Family said...

That's funny! Maybe you did it on purpose to get some "alone" time :)

6L's said...

hehe...yeah, thanks goodness for kids, lol! :)

the Sayler's said...

i don't think that woman knows what ALOT of kids is...

snapie said...

So funny! I wish I had your excuse:)