Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Week in Pictures

On Monday after school Tessa said, "Mom, be sure to look at your mirror tonight because I'm going to leave something there for you. Don't forget!"

I guess she told Eric to make sure I saw it too. Later on that evening, I looked at my mirror and this is what I found:


I cracked up when I saw it. She is so funny. I guess the short walk from the bus to our house after-school is just too much for her, even though most of the way they get to walk with their friends. :) Honestly though, I think it's the heat that bothers her. Not that I blame her though because I've never been a person that handles heat well either. I just loved the way she told me.
Then, Monday evening we were talking about the handwriting in our family. Alex has very poor handwriting even he'll admit it. Most of the time, his writing it nearly illegible. I was saying that I wasn't sure Alex was capable of writing neatly anymore. Well, on the other side of the room, Alex proved me wrong. This was written by Alex. I saw it with my own two eyes or I may not believe it.

He CAN do it. This made my night!


This is a sample of his typical writing.

A Jaremism:
(Sometime this week) Jarem is sitting at the table coloring.
Jarem: "Mom, I don't want to get big?"
Mom: "Why not, it's fun to grow up and do big kid things."
Jarem: "Because if I get big like daddy then I'll have to shave and I don't want to shave."

I thought that was so cute. Usually when he says he doesn't want to grow big and I ask him why he says, "because then I can't be your snugglebug". I talked to Eric about the shaving thing later and he said Jarem had been watching him shave and Eric said it hurt.

Friday night, Alex had two of his best friends over for a sleepover, Nick and Junior. They are both very musical and can sing, so they all played Rockband together and had a great time. It sounded really good too. I love Nick's tongue out in concentration...

Alex likes the drums and guitar best, but he will sing too. Nick tried them all.


Jeremy preferred singing, and played on "expert" level the whole time. He is a great singer.
They had a good time together. They are such great boys and a great influence for Alex. The only downfall was that they all had to get up very early so that we could go to the temple with their parents early Saturday morning. They didn't seem to mind though.

We had a wonderful time at the temple in Nashville Saturday morning. It's been awhile since we've been, and it was great to go again. We also had great company with the Howe's and the Martinez's. We went out to lunch at Famous Dave's (of which I'd never been before). It was good. I especially liked the cornbread muffins and the bread pudding.

Saturday evening, Eric was watching a Dallas Cowboys preseason game on his laptop and Jarem cuddled up next to him and fell asleep.

5 comments:

Christie said...

Rock band... cool... looks like so much fun.

Christie said...

Oh, and the notes really made me laugh. Too funny.

Carroll Family said...

That handwriting thing is so funny!

Unknown said...

Fun post! I think Dad and Colette went to the temple as well on Sat. You guys should get together and go. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious about Jarem and the shaving thing... too cute!!