Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy 11th Birthday, Jesikah!

Thursday, August 13, was Jesikah's 11th birthday. Typically, we do a birthday dinner with cake and presents in the evening of their birthday, but this year we decided to do it a little differently. Eric had to work late, but he also got to go in late, so we all got up at 6:15am before Alex went to school and ate pancakes and she opened presents. She was pretty thrilled to be able to open presents right when she woke up. I was trying to fix the lighting in one of her birthday pictures because the bright morning sun was fading out the picture, and as I was experimenting, I made it really light, just for fun and Jesikah was watching and said it was perfect. She asked me to cut her face out and post it on the blog, so here it is. She looks "glowing", and she really was glowing on her birthday, so I guess it fits. Jesikah really gets excited about special days...she really couldn't WAIT for her birthday to come.


Opening her present from Eric...she's looking at some of the stickers he gave her.



She got this pretty butterfly watch from Eric. She has been talking about this watch that she saw at the PX several months ago. He called me from the PX trying to see if I remembered exactly what she said about it. Between what she'd told him and what she'd told me, he was able to find what he thought was the one she wanted, and sure enough it was the exact watch she wanted. It was really quite a miracle in a way because neither of us had actually seen the watch and secondly, the fact that it was still there from last year when she saw it. She was very excited. Eric also gave her a silver panda coin in the year she was born: 1998.

This is the bag Eric's present was in. It fits Jesikah SO perfectly. She loves clothing or anything with pictures of cute cupcakes, lollipops, or ice cream cones on them. She is all about sweets that are cute, and a lot of times she doesn't even like to eat them that much, but ice cream is always a "must have" for her.


This is one of the littlest pet shop pets that she got for her birthday. She and Tessa love these little guys. We have quite the collection. This one is a lady bug. She also got a hermit crab and a little bunny. And notice her shirt...it's a cute cupcake, but you can only see the top.



Admiring some necklaces in one of her gifts...she's gotten really into coordinating necklaces with outfits lately.




Some rings that she got...I thought they were little girl rings, but after she opened the package, I read they were toe rings. Either way though, they still fit her fingers. She also got lots of clothes...which worked out perfect for starting school.

Probably her favorite present was this My Little Pony baby. Tessa got one for Christmas that's blue and they have had the funnest time dressing, making bottles and playing with it. It talks and says things like, "I'm sleepy" or "I love you". It also has a pacifier and makes sucking noises when you put it in it's mouth. Jesikah loves babies and little kids, and she has had a lot of fun with this little plush baby pony. I'm glad she can enjoy these kind of things for a little bit longer.

This is a picture of one of the cheesecake tarts that I made for her class on her birthday. One thing I really like about Jesikah is that she knows what she wants. I guess I especially appreciate this about her because I can be indecisive when given too many options, and then I will later ponder over whether I made the right decision. It is frustrating to me. I wish I could just make up my mind and know exactly what it is I want. But, Jesikah is a girl that knows what she wants.

She had her birthday planned several weeks in advance down to every detail. She knew what treat she wanted me to make for her class. She knew she wanted ribs for dinner on her birthday. She knew she wanted a beehive cake with ice cream in the middle, and she knew she wanted a American Girl party. She knew we needed to reserve the movie at the library in advance. She even made lists of all the things we needed a couple of weeks in advance and made me go shopping to get everything. It was nice to have everything without running to the store the day of her birthday for the party supplies. However, I accidentally let the hold expire on the Molly American Girl movie at the library and it got checked out. I called all around and it wasn't in any of the stores here, and so the day of her party I had to drive to Nashville to pick up the movie.

4 comments:

Susan said...

So you had to drive to Nashville after all. :) Oh well, I'm sure Jesikah really apreciated it. Looks like she got tons of nice gifts. Are you going to post a picture of her beehive cake? I'd love to see how it turned out.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jesikah! Sounds like it was a good one! And next year she will be in young womens!

6L's said...

yes, i want to see the cake too! sounds like an amazing girl...i love a girl who knows what she wants. :)

David & Viola Ricks said...

I guess the family just keeps growing up, good looking kids