Friday, August 14, 2009

Our Sweet 16th!

Eric and I celebrated our 16th anniversary on August 12th. He was so sweet and made me breakfast in bed. Then before he left for work, he left little post-it notes all over the house for me to find expressing his love. Around noon, I got a beautiful arrangement of flowers. I like a variety of different flowers and he picked some good ones.

Peach roses and stargazer lilies...my favorites.


The amazing thing is that several of the lilies were still buds and they each open as they are ready. It's the gift that keeps on giving.
We enjoyed a nice mexican dinner together between the kids activities. But, our gift to each other this year was our first real bedroom set. We've eyed bedroom sets for years and I've had my style of bed picked out for a long time and we finally got it. We both love it!


It's been a wonderful 16 years. We were married at ages 19 and 21. Even though I was only 19 when I chose my husband, I can still say, 16 years later, that I made a very good decision. I couldn't have picked a better husband and father. I'm grateful for the man that I married.

4 comments:

6L's said...

LOL, love the old hair! even eric was sporting the hilights, lol! sooo gonna let loren see this, lol! :)-

the Sayler's said...

congratulations - I love the bedroom set! Your pic. is way awesome

Christie said...

Awww So sweet. Loved this story. Stargazer lilies are my favorite too, and I see that you are a snowboarder. I used to be such, back in the day. :-) We have been married 15 years in December and are hoping to some day find a bedroom set. You've found a beautiful one. Happy Anniversary

Susan said...

Wow! You guys look so young! Happy 16th.