Monday, August 3, 2009

Crockpot BBQ Chicken

This is a really easy and quick recipe that I tried a few weeks ago when my parents were here. I found it online, and it turned out really good. Then, I made it again when Susan was here, and Gabby loved it, so she asked me to post the recipe. I'm all about easy crockpot recipes, so try it and tell me what you think.

Crockpot BBQ Chicken

6 chicken breasts (preferably thawed)
1 (12 oz) bottle of BBQ Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
1/2 c. Italian Dressing
1/4 c. Brown sugar
2 T worcestershire sauce
1 medium onion (chopped) *optional*

Place chicken in slow cooker. Mix other ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cover and cook 3-4 hours on high; or 6-8 hours on low. It easily falls apart when done. Shred with fork and serve on a bun. We also tried it with a slice of provolone cheese on top. That was good too.

*TIPS* The original recipe called for frozen chicken breasts, but some people who tried it commented that it made it a little too watery, so I thawed mine first. Also, we didn't use quite a full bottle of BBQ sauce and we added the onion. (I didn't put the onion in when I made it for you Susan). The second time that I made it, I used a whole chicken and then removed the skin and bones before shredding. It had a little more liquid that time, but we just used a slotted spoon and it was still good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds good! We will have to try that out! We have done the chicken in the crockpot with bbq sauce and some brown sugar- but adding the other stuff sounds like a great idea! *Plus its easy,that somehow makes things taste better ;)*

Susan said...

That was soooo good and I was happy that Gabby really liked it. Thanks for posting the recipe. I will make it this week :) It'll be easy to put it together, go to work, then come home and have a yummy dinner.

RyanJohnsonFamily said...

I am going to try this!