Saturday, August 15, 2009

Alex and the Bullfrog




Last week, Alex caught this big spotted bullfrog (at least I think it's a bullfrog). He was much bigger than the typical frogs the kids usually find and had a different type of spots. Alex rarely wants me to take his picture, but he asked me to get a picture of this frog with him. Later on, all the kids were outside playing with him in a big bowl. They really enjoyed it until it got dark and they had to let him go. Alex, especially, was intrigued by him.

5 comments:

Carroll Family said...

We get some HUGE ones out here - weird, dry dessert - but, when it rains, Queen Creek gets some HUGE frogs! (and we here them out our window)

Susan said...

I much prefer the little frogs we get here in Tumwater. I'm sure Alex was fascinated by that bullfrog, but I would have just screamed and ran away. You know what a chicken I am :)

the Sayler's said...

very cool - hopefully no one will get warts -ha,ha

Anonymous said...

Cool! We have these toads in AZ that burry themselves underground until it rains, then they come above ground and soak up all the water. They are all over the place! But they are fun to see hopping all over the place

The Young's said...

Wrong day to come to your blog!!!! But its good to know that I can call Alex if one gets in my house or 100 ft of me. I have a restraining order against all frogs!