Sunday, May 3, 2009

Off to New York...

I scheduled this to post as I'm on my way to New York. Eric has been there since Thursday morning for a weekend class, and I'll be spending Sunday through Thursday with him there. We're excited to see New York for the first time. We won't have a lot of time, but I want to see the statue of liberty, go to ground zero, and hopefully fit in an opera or ballet. Many thanks to Grandma Cindi who will be holding down the fort here at home while we are away.

I'm including some pictures that Eric sent me from his cell phone on Thursday after he arrived.
Hopefully we won't end up with swine flu... We're going to be extra careful, but I hear there is a probable case in Nashville now too.

Time Warner Building
LDS Temple

Chrysler Building...we thought it was the Empire State Building at first...they look similar

Central Park


Central Park again

Baptist Church

3 comments:

Heather said...

I am soooooo jealous. Justin and I went to NYC last spring and had the best time. We crammed so much in the week that we were there. The subway is my favorite part- the best way to get around the city. Definately see a show and go to Canal Street for some awesome deals on "real" designer stuff. Have fun and can't wait to see the pictures afterwards.

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Looks like there is so much to do there! DON'T GET THE SWINE FLU!!!! :)

Tami said...

I hope that you guys had fun!! I love NYC. Adam and I went there for a conference a couple of years ago. So much fun stuff to do! I can't wait to read more about your trip later.