Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Hubcap

I love it when things turn out even better than they logically should, so I just wanted to share.

This morning I went out to the van to take the girls to school and noticed that my front passenger hubcap was missing. Immediately, I started thinking of times or places that it could have fallen off yesterday(where I went, if I bumped anything unusual, etc.)

After a few minutes of thinking, I remembered that the side of my front tire had rubbed up against the side of the curb when I was picking Alex up from school yesterday. I thought it would have been very unusual for it to have fallen off like that, but why not check. So, after I dropped off the girls, I drove by Alex's school where it had happened to see if I could see anything. (Keep in mind, it was right in the area of the drop-off, pick-up zone where many cars come and go each day, so my hopes of finding it, much less finding it undamaged, were quite dim. In addition, they keep the grounds very tidy, so it could have easily been thrown away.)

Well, low and behold, when I got there, there it was sitting there on the pavement on the drop-off, pick-up lane UNDAMAGED! I was so happy! The simple fact that it had been sitting there since yesterday afternoon without anyone picking it up or running it over was a complete miracle to me, not to mention that I remembered where it could be AND it was actually the first place I looked. It was sitting on the road right where it should certainly not have been safe.

I went back home and snapped it back on the tire and it looks as good as new! It probably seems like a small thing, but it was a miracle to me. And I'm so glad I don't have to pay for a new one. Car parts get expensive. It made my day!

4 comments:

Carroll Family said...

How lucky - blessed!!!!! We lost our's just driving - but, it was near an alfalfa field and we never found it.

Anonymous said...

Hahah what a funny story! You are very lucky! I am very surprised it was still there!

Your family picture is really cute by the way! All of you look so good!

Susan said...

Isn't it nice to enjoy the little things in life? I'm glad you found it! BTW, I really like your new picture....

Fourtner Family said...

With all the other junk and unpleasantness we face it sure is nice to have all the little miracles we can get, huh? Glad you found the hubcap! I like your updated picture, too! Maybe I need to change mine again...