Saturday, February 14, 2009

Wind and Rain Storm

We had a bad wind and rain storm on Wednesday and lots of trees blew down all over town. When I was on my way home from picking up Alex from school, a huge tree had blown over right next to our neighborhood across the road and everyone was getting out of their cars to help lift it so we could get through. Then after picking up the girls, another tree had blown half-over and was directly above the road lodged on a power line. There was barely enough room to go under, and it was a little nerve-racking, but we hurried and went through. Our cap blew off our chimney and our patio table glass shattered. I guess the umbrella in the center must have been knocking it around and it finally had enough. Here is Jarem trying to help me clean up the glass.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I hate windstorms! Ever since that time our skylight flew off in the middle of the night I have been nervous whenever they predict high winds. Sorry about your patio table! Guess you'll have a good excuse to get a new one this summer.