Sunday, April 8, 2012

Ice skating

Jesikah and I went ice skating in Nashville with her Young Women group on March 24th. I had never been ice skating before, and knowing ahead of time the fact that I am not athletically gifted(LOL), I really didn't want to go! However, I really felt that I should since, 1) I am one of the young women leaders, and 2) it was a mom and daughter activity...so, I swallowed my pride and went!

The good news...I didn't fall at all!  The bad news...I didn't have many people to skate with since not many people enjoy skating THAT slow. :)  Jesikah pitied me though and went around with me several times holding my hand to help me along.  I really enjoyed skating with her.  She is a sweet girl.  A few others helped me along as well.  By the end, I was getting the hang of it.  I am grateful that I learned to roller-blade when Eric and I were first married.  The motion came back to me, and really helped with the skating.  I know it would have been a little easier had I gone a little faster, but the chance of utter disaster increases so much with speed! :)  Needless to say, we had a great time and I was glad we went.  We all had lunch at Panera Bread afterward, and lucky for Jesikah, there was a Ben and Jerry's next door, so she had ice cream too (one of her favorite things)!  I was too full from Panera for ice cream, so I just tried hers.


This was the ice machine that cleaned and smoothed the ice halfway through our time.

Here Jesikah and I are skating, and yes those are shorts I am wearing.  I am not sure why it didn't occur to me that where there was ice, it might be cold.  I didn't have a jacket either and so I found one of Alex's friends sweatshirts that he left in our car and resorted to wearing that. :)  

This was our whole group of girls, moms, and leaders

Here Jesikah and I were taking a break looking at some pictures I took on my phone.  Reason #2 why I shouldn't have worn shorts is evident here...the glowing whiteness!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I first went ice skating in college and found it to be much easier than roller skating. It's also a lot of fun. I'm glad you were brave & tried it and ended up having a good time. And can I say your legs are really white? HAHA. Just joking. I have to say that because my Washington skin is just as white.

6L's said...

you and loren would make great ice skating partners....he crawls around at a snails pace as well, but never falls. :) i admit i chuckled when i saw your shorts bc i know how cold it is in there! good for you for going and participating!