Monday, April 9, 2012

Grandma Dayley

My grandma recently went into an assisted living facility there in Burley.  She turned 98 years old this week.  On Thursday, some of the kids and my sister, Candace and I went with my mom to the place she is living.  We had a private lunch with her in the family dining room and then she took us back to her room and we talked and she told us lots of things about the past.  She recently had a pacemaker put in, and her memory is so much better now.

The kids were really interested in some of the stories she told.  Especially things about my grandpa who died the year I was born.  We had a nice time and a really good talk with her.  She seems very happy there.  Happier than I have seen her in years.  After saying our goodbyes, I drove the kids by her old house to show them some of the things she was talking about.  I think the kids had a little different experience with Grandma Dayley than they have had before.  It was a good experience for all.  I was really glad my kids were there for that experience.  I never knew my great grandparents; they were dead before I was born.  They are pretty lucky to have living great grandmas I think.


2 comments:

Susan said...

That's really nice. I am sure she enjoyed the visit as much as you guys did!

6L's said...

that's awesome :)