Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

Tessa had a soccer game at the same time as the church Easter egg hunt on Saturday morning so Jarem was the only one from our family that went. Tessa felt bad, but I promised to make it up to her by hiding eggs at home later.

Jarem had fun but couldn't seem to find a lot of eggs. Luckily, since it was a church function, people made sure all the kids got equal amounts of eggs. It was a beautiful morning to hunt eggs and I thoroughly enjoyed being outside in the sun.

The next morning, our kids got to hunt down something like 100 eggs in the house that Eric and I hid the night before. In their easter baskets, they all got a new soccer ball and socks except Jesikah who got a curling wand and of course they all got candy.

As is now tradition, the girls and I went Easter dress shopping on Friday night. We also got Jarem a little suit and Alex a new tie. Unfortunately, I think I forgot to get pictures of their outfits. :(

It was nice that we had church in the afternoon because we were able to watch some video clips on Lds.org about the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ. They were a good thing to get us thinking about Easter before going to church. We had a great sacrament meeting. I accompanied for a musical number which turned out really nice with violin and a voice solo. Music always adds so much to a meeting for me.

1 comment:

Susan said...

You are so good about hiding the eggs. We just got back to Maui so didn't have energy to do any of that. Gabby was not happy. I will have to step up next year!