Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Some Random Things

I like the iPhone blogger app for a lot of reasons.  However, just a few simple things (I think they would be simple) could make it so much better:

1) I can't turn my phone sideways to type, which makes the typing screen skinny and difficult to type on.
2) The pictures come up in random order and you can't type under the pictures. That makes it difficult to organize a post.
3) What you edit on the iphone stays on the iphone even if you update it on the computer. 

What I love is:  it is extremely convenient to transfer pictures from my phone to the blog! I tell you this because, you may see pictures without a lot of words posted.  That is because I have to publish to get the pictures from my phone to the blog but I want to wait to do the rest of the typing on the computer.

In this post are just a few random things that I have pictures of which have happened in the last couple of weeks.
Tessa's Solar System project (she made Saturn).  It is very glittery on the top with swirls.

I used my first pizza box to make a giant cookie for bunko!  Since Bunko is a dice game, I decided to freehand some dice.  I thought it was kind of cute.  I am an alternate for Bunko if someone can't come and it suits me perfect because I don't have the monthly commitment but can go and have fun on occasion.  In this group everyone brings something and everyone comes home with something.  I like that.

Tessa and Jarem had a lot of fun building towers with Jenga blocks on Sunday afternoon.  I had just laid down on my bed to take a Sunday afternoon nap when Jarem came in wanting me to come and see his tower.  My tired body did not want to get up, so I gave him my phone and told him to go take a picture on my phone and bring it to me so I could see it.  He was happy with this option AND so was I.  Here is the tower he built.  I was surprised it stayed up.


This dress Jesikah and I found at Deb.  She LOVED it and she said she wants a prom dress exactly like this someday(with a shrug, of course), so I took a picture of it for her.  This was a couple of weeks ago during a night out with Jesikah.  She had a really difficult week, so I decided to take her out on Friday night to get away from everything.  She loved that and wanted to go to the mall.  We shopped at the mall.  She got some new tennis shoes, which she wants to use to start walking and running afterschool.  She has a goal to get in shape so she can try-out for the basketball team next year.  She has a long way to go, but she is a motivated girl who knows what she wants and is willing to work for it. 

We spotted a new salon, a "Brow Spa".  She wanted to try it out, so she paid with her own money to get her eyebrows shaped.  They don't use hot wax, they do it the way my friend said they do in India using 2 threads.  It was very interesting to watch, and Jesikah said it hurt pretty bad, but they turned out perfect.  I bought her a very cute tank top with a giftcard I had for only $8.  Then we ate at ChickFilA.  All in all it was a fun night.

2 comments:

6L's said...

i haven't got brave enpugh to try blogging from my phone, so i am impressed!
pretty dress! jesikah will probably look at that dress when she's old eough to go to prom and totally change her mind. :)
i feel your pain on getting dragged out of a nap! that was a great alternative!! smart thinking. :)
i saw that brow spa but haven't heard a lot about it yet. somepeople say it hurts and others say they don't feel a thing....kinda conflicting info, lol. that's awesome you 2 got to spend some time alone together. i love doing that with leila. :)

Susan said...

Sounds like a great mom/daughter night!