Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Secret

As you may remember, Jarem got a bike for Christmas with training wheels.  He had been begging for a two-wheel bike for some time.  All our other kids learned how to ride a bike in Kindergarten and he is in first grade, so we figured it was time. But, we were waiting until the weather warmed up.  Unbeknownst to us, Tessa and her friend, Divya, decided to "secretly" teach Jarem to ride his bike without training wheels. 

This is how it happened.  I noticed they had been spending a lot of time outside with Jarem playing, but I didn't think much of it.  I DID notice that his bike no longer had the training wheels, but I thought maybe Eric had taken them off.  Later, when I asked Eric, he said he hadn't taken them off.  Something was a little fishy.

Then one day, they were out in the driveway playing when I went out in the garage to get something and the garage was open. They all three kind of froze with panicked looks on their faces and waited until I went back in. As soon as  I went back in,  I heard them close the garage door. That was enough to get me really curious.  So I went and looked out the front windows to see what they were doing. I got enough of a glimpse to figure it out before Tessa came in and closed both front blinds. I had to kind of laugh to myself as she headed back outside thinking she had covered everything.  That was what they were up to...they were teaching Jarem how to ride his bike and they wanted it to be a surprise.  It was SO cute and sweet that it warmed my heart!

I didn't want to ruin their surprise, so I have played along and pretended not to know.  But yesterday, I caught a glimpse of Jarem riding alone through the window.  They have succeeded!  I thought he might burst while waiting for Tessa to get home to share the news.  I just had to sneak this video of him through the window. (link below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv5kws6tKBU

3 comments:

6L's said...

awww, that's so sweet! i love it when the siblings get along. :) your video is set to private so it can't be viewed with that link.

Carroll Family said...

So sweet! I can't see the video, either - but, that's just so cute of them!

Jenn said...

Very sweet!!!