Sunday, February 28, 2010

Shutters

One of the things that frustrates most me about myself is my indecisiveness about certain things.  I'll come across something that I can't decide on, so then I research more options, and then I REALLY can't decide.  This has been the case with the shutters on our house.  When we first had our house built, Eric and I went back and forth on shutters vs no shutters.  I even had some of you vote a while back on the blog.  We finally decided on shutters, but the builders forgot to put them up.  We knew that we had a year warranty, so we figured that we'd give it some time and see if we liked it the way it was or if we still wanted the shutters.

Well, we finally decided that we did want them, so we asked our builder to put them up for us before our warranty was up. 

They went about it a different way than I expected.  They built the shutters, put them up, and then painted them black after they were up.  Before they painted them, I almost liked them white. :) (again indecisiveness)  Above, the guy is painting them.  He finished just as it was getting dark, so I didn't get a picture that night.

The next day with shutters


Close-up

In the end, I was happy with the result.  I was relieved when the builder suggested a certain style of shutters and I liked them.  That made our decision easier.

5 comments:

snapie said...

I like them. I think it looks better that way;)

Susan said...

Thanks for finally posting the pics! I have been patiently waiting :) I like the look of shutters..they turned out well. Funny that they didn't paint them beforehand. I am like you...I don't like to make decisions.

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! I like them!

Fourtner Family said...

Good pick! I knew they would look great!

Candace said...

They look great! I really like the style and color you chose.