Thursday, February 11, 2010

School on President's Day

Over the past two and a half weeks, the kids have missed 5 days of school because of snow or ice.  I think they missed one before that too, so they now have 3 days to make-up.  Because of this, the school board voted that the kids go to school ON President's Day.  I've never heard of that, but that is fine with me since we didn't have plans anyway.  Besides, it seems like they have been at home more than at school lately.  I'm sure it's going to throw some families off though who already had trips planned.  I just hope they don't cancel part of Spring Break since we DO have plans for then.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the snow.  However, I'm hoping that we don't get much more because they cancel school so easily here that the kids may go to school all summer if it keeps snowing.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Doesn't look well for Spring Break. The few teacher's I have talked to said they are trying to find out if it is better to take away Spring Break or add it on the the end. Either way someone won't be happy!

snapie said...

I hope they add it to the end! Spring break will be the last break before Mike goes off on his "military vacation" ;(