Friday, February 19, 2010

Old Time Portraits

At Sam's Club during the last week of January, there was an outside company taking old time portraits. I love that style of portraits, and we have had a frame in our living room for 5 years that my parents gave us with that style of pictures when the oldest 3 were little.  But, they were getting outdated, and I wanted to update the pictures in the frame to include Jarem too. As it turned out, the new pictures worked perfectly for the frame and Jarem was included too. I was actually surprised that the orientation and sizes worked out so well. 

I like the way they turned out, except for that fact I had to spend all too much money to get the poses I wanted.  The sitting was only $5 for unlimited number of people, and the 10x12 of all the kids together was $10.  That was their promotion, which sounds good, right?  But of course, there are lots of cute ones and they charge you $40 a sheet unless you get a package.  I wasn't about to pay $40 a sheet, so I got the package which was a lot less per sheet but more sheets.

Alex wasn't particularly fond of the hat, but it was the style then, so I like it.  The girls loved dressing up, and Jarem was just cheesing his fake smile, but we finally got a good one of him in the end.





9 comments:

Jenn said...

Too cute!!!

Christie said...

How fun!

Holly said...

I have always wanted to do this, but we just can't afford to right now. They are wonderful pictures.

Susan said...

Those turned out great!

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute! I have always wanted to do those- but i can never convince him to do it with me! :)

Candace said...

Those turned out great! Love the one with Jarem by himself. They're all cute though!

Nikki said...

I think Alex was really getting into his character. He looks like he's a real outlaw. Fun pics.

Tami said...

What fun pictures! I love the baseball bat one. Cute!

The Scarths said...

love these!