Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Greatest Show on Earth

Our kids had never been to a circus before, and I think I'd only been once when I was about 8. Tessa said that she didn't know circuses were real, she thought they only happened in books.  Eric said he may have been when he was young too, but he doesn't really remember. So, when Eric's brother, Kyle, and his wife Jessica invited us to come to the circus in Huntsville, Alabama (where they live), last Saturday, we were excited.


Here's a picture of us down in the pre-show area before the circus started.  We got to go down on the floor before the show started and see the elephants, clowns, and etc. up close.  None of the kids would let me get their picture with the clown?


Kyle and Jessica just before the show


The kids on the floor before the show

Elephant in pre-show

Elephant painting a picture during pre-show

Here we are in our seats waiting for the show to begin

Our $12 cotton candy came with this complimentary hat...

The elephants part of the show

The beginning circus train/parade

Tessa with the hat (she wore it most of the circus)

Jarem with the hat

Me with the hat


Tessa enjoyed the circus probably the most.  Alex and Jesikah also enjoyed it, but Jarem kept wanting to lay down and go to sleep.  I didn't understand that...it was constant motion and entertainment. :)

All in all, we really enjoyed all the performers and animals.  I think I was most surprised when they had 6 motorcycles driving around in a big steel ball all at the same time.  We loved the "little man" and all his tricks and stunts.  I also enjoyed the trapeze artists, and trampoline tricks.  I think it covered everything a circus is supposed to have.  Afterwards, we went out to eat at Red Robin (a place we have missed since moving to Tennessee from Washington).  It was just as good as we remembered.  Then, we went to see Kyle and Jessica's new house before heading back to Clarksville.  It is very nice.  We are so glad that they live only 2 hours away now.  We enjoyed spending the day with them.

4 comments:

6L's said...

loren is SO against circus's...our kids will proabbaly never get to go, lol! glad y'all had a good time!

Christie said...

Looks like fun!! We've never done the circus. I had a friend who said that their littlest tried to sleep at the circus too.. I wonder if it's a way of dealing with being over stimulated. I've heard that it is loud in there. :-) Nice hat tho, it was nice of them to throw that in w/ your cotton candy. :-)

Susan said...

Thank goodness you didn't post any scary clown pics :) Looks like it was a fun time! I have only been to the circus once when I was about 6 or 7 years old.

Candace said...

Looks like fun! I don't think I've ever been to a circus either.