Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wiped Out!

We are now on our second week of swim lessons...only 3 more days. They have turned out to be a really good thing. Jarem who was afraid to put his face in the water at first, is jumping in, swimming all around underwater and bobbing up and down constantly, so he has gotten over his fear, which is great. Tessa has done a lot of diving, and is pretty excited to know how to dive now. It has really worn them out.


The picture above is Jarem one of the nights after he swam. He had fallen asleep on the couch about 10 minutes after we arrived home. We carried him to bed and he slept all night. Then another night, he fell asleep on the way home. When I carried him in, he didn't move, and so I changed him out of his swimsuit and put his pajamas on and he stayed asleep the whole time and again slept all night.
I had really wanted morning lessons, so we could stay and swim afterwards, but the evenings have been ok mainly due to the fact that they sleep so well. However, we've missed seeing our friends at the pool this week because we just go in the evenings now until this week is over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's good he's not afraid to put his head underwater anymore. Jared keeps saying I need to take swiming lessons- I only dog paddle and frog swim and I don't like the deep end. Jarem and I should take classes together :)