Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Breakfast

On the morning of the 4th, we had a 4th of July breakfast at the church. After being up so late the night before, we had a bit of a hard time getting there by 8am. I admit, we were a few minutes late, but didn't miss anything (thankfully). We started out with a flag ceremony and then had a yummy breakfast followed by a bike parade. The idea was to decorate your bikes and scooters for the bike parade, but we didn't remember until it was time to go and since we were already running late, I decided to leave the bikes home. The kids felt a little jipped, but at least everyone else let them borrow their bikes and scooters. :) Jarem even scored by getting a chanced on a kid-size motorcycle that really worked.

Tessa, Brittany, and Jesikah at the flag ceremony

I had to get a picture of the Howe's just standing there so cute at the flag ceremony.

I tried several times, but could never get a good picture out of Jarem on the motorcycle because the sun was too bright and he didn't want to open his eyes. I was very hot for only 9am.

I did get a better picture of Rose Howe the second time though. Who would have guessed from the hot and sunny morning that we would have bad storms and tornado warnings here later on that evening? Fort Campbell's fireworks show was even postponed until the next day due to the severe weather. We were having dinner at a friend's house from Eric's work that night and we secretly wished we were home safe in our basement. But, the guys still lit the fireworks rain and all.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your kids are so cute, and what a cool bike Jarem got to ride on!

Susan said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time. But you were late? Unbelievable! ;)

Linda said...

Thanks for posting those pictures of us! I hate it when I forget to take my camera to things. I hope it's ok that I copied them to my computer from your blog? When I blew them up to copy them, I could see Jarem's face better in that top picture--that was hilarious! Best expression ever! :-) Rose seems to be the opposite of Alex--instead of running from cameras--she finds them everywhere.