Sunday, October 28, 2012

Wake-up Casserole


Wake-up Casserole
8 frozen hash brown patties
4 cups (16 oz) of shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb cubed fully cooked ham (2 cups)
7 eggs
1 cup  milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard

Place hash brown patties in a single layer in a greased 13x9 inch pan.  Sprinkle with cheese and ham.  In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and mustard.  Pour over the ham and cheese.  Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield 8 servings

Note: This can be made the night before and kept in the refrigerator.

I subbed for bunko the other night and in this group they provide dinner--BONUS!  Diana Fuller hosted it and she had all kinds of yummy breakfast foods including this casserole.  I loved the casserole, so I got the recipe and decided to make it for breakfast Sunday morning.  I thought it was delicious and the kids liked it too.  I did make a couple of substitutions because I didn't have everything.  I used frozen shredded hash browns in the bottom instead of the patties, and I cut up pre-cooked linked sausages in place of the ham because that is what I had on hand.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Funny I was wondering if I could sub the shredded hashbrowns because that is usually what I buy and you answered me! This looks good. I will have to try it.

Rozanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rozanne said...

I also didn't use that much cheese. I probably only used 1/2 to 3/4 the total amount called for.

6L's said...

I love this recipe also!!