Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Gatlinburg Day 2-Part 2

 After lunch, we all headed up the chairlift.  The girls are in front, the Eric and Alex, and then my mom and dad, and Jarem and I are in the one that took the picture.


Halfway up the chairlift, there was the Alpine Slide that they could go down on these scooter things.  Eric, Alex, Jesikah, and Tessa went on that.  I took some pictures of other people going down it as we rode up since I knew I wouldn't be able to get pics of them.



Here's a picture of a bigger section of it.  It was pretty long.

The girls getting their scooters (taken from the chairlift)

Eric and Alex getting theirs.  Eric looks a little annoyed.  I don't know why since I was still on the chairlift.

My parents, Jarem, and I continued up the rest of the way to the top of Mount Harrison.

Pretty trees

At the top, I took this picture of them.

Some views from the top.  There were more colors up there.



We got someone to take a picture of the 4 of us.
 The next few are a few more pictures I took at the top.  It was pretty up there.  There wasn't a lot up there other than the view, but there was a bluegrass band playing and a place to buy pictures and hot drinks.




My dad was standing behind me and got a real smile from him this time.  I love his toothless smile.

Possibly my favorite picture of the trip.  I love the contrast of the moss on the trees with the leaves!

 A few more views on top:



Heading back down the chairlift, I got several more pictures of the trees:














 When we got back down, we found Eric and the other kids.  I asked Tessa if she liked the slide.  She said that she was going too slow and Dad was behind her trying to have a race with Alex who was on the adjacent slide.  I thought it was kind of funny, but she said they all kept teasing her about being slow.  She can be very cautious at times, but she is also a daredevil too.  After we all met back up, we calculated the tickets we had left and the things we still wanted to do.  The girls went on the chair swing with Eric. 





Jarem and Alex went into the maze where they were timed and had to reach certain checkpoints in order to get their fair time.  They were pretty cute going through together.  I watched from the tower above, so I could see all the ways that they should have gone.  It was funny.  Near the end, I helped them a little. :)





One of the checkpoints was at the top of those steps.  There was a punch or something.

The rest came of watch when they finished the chair swing.
 After they finished the maze, we headed back down the tramway. 
While we were waiting for the rest of our group, Tessa took a break on the bench inside the shopping area.


Eric got another picture of the stream on the way back to the car.

These next two are pictures that I bought at the top of Mount Harrison.  They took them right before we got off the chairlift.  I took a picture of mom and dad's so that they could keep it, so it isn't as clear as Jarem and I's which I scanned.

All in all, it was a great day.  We headed back to the cabin to eat some dinner and enjoyed some rest and relaxation.

No comments: