Friday, January 15, 2010

Snowman

Last Friday, school was cancelled also and it was still snowing.  I told the kids since they had already had their big snowball fight on Thursday that I wanted them to build me a snowman today.  So, they all went out and spent awhile.  Soon, they all wanted me to come out and see the surprise.  I went out, and this is what I found:



It's a snow chair!  They were right, I was very surprised. :)

Well, they all went back out, and a couple of hours later, they came to get me again and show me what they made.  This time, this is what I found:



A snowman sitting in the chair!  He was about 8-9 inches tall.



Jesikah, Divya, and Pramika with their snowman

I have to admit, I was expecting a much larger snowman, but they said it took a long time and it was very hard to even get this much snow to stick together.  Jesikah said she had to take her gloves off and use her bare hands just to make this snowman stick together.  It was very cold though, and when it's really cold, snow doesn't stick together well, so I applauded their effort.  They were very proud of their snowman, and I thought he was pretty darn cute too! :)

4 comments:

Christie said...

You know, I am impressed that they were able to make the "chair", tho it looks a whole lot like the "fort" from the snowball fight. :-) And the snowman, w/ her bare hands, now that's sacrifice. :-)

Anonymous said...

That is really cute! I love it- he's like mini size in a great big recliner! How funny :)

I did not know that when its too cold the snow does not stick together...what is the reason for that?

Jenn said...

Oh how cute!! Such sweet kids! :o)

Susan said...

Very cute snowman. Looks like they are enjoying the snow. I like yor new blog title picture.