Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mike and MJ



This past weekend, we had my brother, Michael, and his wife, Mary Jane, come for their first visit to Tennessee.  I am bummed that I didn't get any pictures, so I borrowed this one off their blog.  They left their two kids with my sister in Boise, so they had a little "couple time".  They were here on some business, but they extended their stay a couple of days so we could spend some time together.  It was fun to spend some time with them and show them around a little bit. 

Thursday was Mary Jane's birthday, but they flew in and then had meetings in Nashville.  We did have dinner together and strawberry shortcake for dessert (her favorite).  Friday, most of the day was meetings too. 

Saturday morning they came to the girl's basketball game with me.  Tessa and Jesikah are beginners, so it wasn't anything spectacular, but they were good sports.  It was unfortunate that Mike ended up paying the $3 for our admission since I showed up without any cash. :(  On the way back home, we stopped at Sonic for cherry limeade chillers (which ended up being limeade chillers).  After we got back, I took them around to see some new houses being built (they are building right now and are looking for ideas).  Then, Eric and I took them out to a mexican restaurant for dinner and saw Avatar in 3D at the theater. 



I hadn't really wanted to see it when it first came out, but decided it looked interesting. The computer graphics were really amazing and the premise of the story was interesting. I loved the eyes...they were very cool! I, however, was a little uncomfortable with the blue women's covering or lack thereof. True, they aren't human, but there are a lot of similarities... Other than that, I really enjoyed the movie.


Sunday we went to church, relaxed a bit, and took them back to the airport.  It was a quick trip, but we enjoyed having them here, and glad they were able to visit for a few days.

3 comments:

Susan said...

We have not seen Avatar but have heard it's good. Not sure if we will go see it, though, as Scott is not sure if it's his kind of movie. I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Anonymous said...

I was skeptical of Avatar as well, I havent' seen it yet- Jared and everyone else has and they all seem to love it though. I don't think I'll be going to the theatre's any time soon though...maybe red box!

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

It's always fun to have company, I love it when family comes to visit. We loved the movie in 3d, is was amazing.