Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bread---Hot and Fresh!


For Christmas, Eric got me this bread machine.  I have wanted a bread maker for years, but had almost given up on it now they are not so popular anymore.  It was quite a surprise!  He had done his research and got me the best one he could find.  Although I really liked it, he was even more motivated to get some bread made.  He had some bread rising by Christmas afternoon.

The first loaf didn't turn out at all.  It was like a spiky ball of cooked dough that never rose.(wish I would have gotten a picture).  Eric was even more determined to make it work after that, so he read the manual and the next day, he headed to the store for fresh yeast, flour, and gluten.  (I admit, I haven't made bread in awhile)


Eric with the goods along with the Bread Machine recipe book that I also got for Christmas!


He got some more bread in the bread maker, and IT'S RISING THIS TIME!  We were so excited!



Look at that beautiful loaf of bread that came out!



It even has a great texture!

Since then, he has made several more loaves, and they have all been delicious.  I have yet to use it, but I am excited to use it once things settle down a bit.  Besides, I'm in the process of editing my 2009 blog book, so that is taking my spare time at the moment.  Eric asked me if it bothered me that he was using my bread machine that I got for Christmas.  I said, "Are you kidding? I get a bread machine AND someone to make it for me too!  What could be better than that?"

8 comments:

6L's said...

lol, so true...him making it is way better than you having too! :) i just finished and ordered my blog book the other day. got it shaved down to 338 pages so i was happy to be within limits of the 440 it allows! good luck finshing yours soon...it's so time consuming!! i've already been making sure to keep up on my new posts for the 2010 book...hoping not to get too behind this year on the editing part.

ps..any chance you want to remove your word verification for comments? :) just go to customize, settings, comments and scroll down to that part to remove the word verification.

snapie said...

I love bread. I have a machine, I hardly use it. I make dough for pizza and rolls with it. I took of the verification on mine thanks Laura:)

Susan said...

We got one of those when Corey was a baby and hardly ever used it. I must admit I was kind of lazy to make the bread. You are lucky that Eric will make bread for you! What a husband :)

Candace said...

Looks great! I love your snowball fight pics from your other post, and especially the slush for breakfast. That's too funny. Looks like good times.

Anonymous said...

That's sooo exciting! Tell Eric that the bread looks amazing! I totally crave homemade bread like that...you'll have to ship it to me:) jk

Christie said...

I love that he is making your bread for you! That's awesome. Gluten defiantly helps

The Scarths said...

HaHAA! good job Eric! I guess I need yo to come to my house and use mine to show me how it is done!

the Sayler's said...

i love it when presents come with unexpected "accessories"