Thursday, March 17, 2011

Perfect

On Sunday, I still felt uplifted and inspired from Timeout for Women the day before.  We headed to church and had some amazingly wonderful talks by the Spillanes in Sacrament Meeting.  It was just like a continuation of the day before.  I was crying most of the way through Kristy's talk.  She shared some very personal experiences of her life and how the Lord's influence had helped her through.  I've always thought of Kristy as an amazing person, but had no idea of some of the hard things she has faced.  It reminded me that you never know what it is like to walk in someone else's shoes, and we should never judge.  In addition, as I remembered from the day before, "there will be angels round about us to bear us up".

As I was sitting there listening to Kristy's talk with tears streaming down my face and feeling the Spirit strongly in my heart, Jarem comes up to me and very humbly says, "Mom, I just want to be perfect everyday.  Have I been perfect so far today?"  He had been coloring and I don't think he was really even listening to the speakers, but he felt the Spirit and that made him want to be good.  This just reaffirmed to me the reason that I bring my children to church each week.  They may not understand everything, but they can feel the Spirit in the meeting.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a wonderful sacrament meeting, wasn't it? I agree that it continued the spirit from TOFW.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

I am glad to hear that you had such an wonderful and uplifting time at Timeout for Women. I have been wanting to go and checked it out awhile ago and was excited
to see Hilary Weeks was on the schedule! Thanks for the post, I am even more excited to go :-)

P.S. I deleted my comment because I was signed into another acct.

Nikki said...

I haven't been on blogger in awhile, but I sure loved reading your posts. Thanks for the uplift! We still need to meet up at some point in time.

RyanJohnsonFamily said...

A group of us are going in April! Your post made me super excited! I could really use the "extra inspiration" right now.