Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Sister's Wedding

We left Friday around noon and headed to Dallas, Texas for my sister Melanie's wedding.  We got there around 11:30pm.  The next morning after a good breakfast at the hotel, we headed over to Kohl's with my sister, Candace, to buy Jarem a belt and ended up doing some school shopping too since we had a little time before we had to be to the wedding AND we had a coupon for 30% off our entire purchase. (Didn't want to waste that on just a belt)! 

The wedding was on Saturday evening.  It turned out very nice.  It was a little different for us to see how a wedding is performed in a different church, but it was pleasant.  The readings from the bible were very different for me since we use the King James version and they read from the New World version.  Although I know that the new world version was created to give the bible a fresh translation that was more updated and easier to understand, I feel like some of the meaning in some words and phrases were lost.  For example:  the word "charity" was replaced with the word "love".  While they have a similar meaning, charity is the pure love of Christ.  Love doesn't mean that to me.  But, regardless of that, it was still a nice ceremony.

The decorations were simple but elegant and the food was good.  The kids each had a part.  Jarem was the ring bearer, Tessa was a flower girl, Jesikah was a junior bridesmaid, and Alex was an usher. They each did a really cute job.


Jarem was such a cute little ring bearer.


Tessa and Kadie were flower girls and Jesikah was a junior bridesmaid.  Jesikah got to help Melanie put on her shoes and necklace AND she got her own bouquet.  She loved her part.


Alex was an usher. He ushered the parents and grandparents in at the beginning.  He also got to light the candles and dismiss everyone when the ceremony for over with a nod.  I liked the nod.  I think he liked his part.  He got to do it with his cousin, Colton.  Above is Alex with my mom.  He's been letting his hair grow for the Nauvoo pageant.  He has all kinds of little curls now.
 
Alex and Colton with their grandpa (my dad)
The 3 girls after the ceremony. Kadie with her eyes closed. Her eyes were closed in both pictures that I took.  Her mom's eyes are always closed in pictures too.


My 3 brothers and sister along with Eric and Jarem all waiting for the ceremony to begin.

Below: All 4 of us sisters together in the brides dressing room and my mom too in the second one
Eric talking to the kids after the ceremony


Ben taking off Mel's garter.  She was all smiles.

Cutting the cake

The happy couple!  We are very happy for them.  Ben is such a nice guy.  We are glad to have him join our family. 

I thought the blue bow with the embroidery down the back of the dress was so pretty so I got a picture.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Great pictures! How nice that everyone got to come see her get married. She looks very happy.

Linda said...

That picture with Jarem sitting in that chair by himself is so perfect! You should totally blow it up and frame it. The lighting or something was just perfect. Can't wait to see pictures when you get back from Nauvoo!