Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Alex's Adventures

Well I stole these pictures from my sister Candace's blog because I haven't seen this boy in awhile.  Alex flew out to Salt Lake City, Utah on June 28th.  Words cannot contain his excitement.

He was very excited to spend time with his grandparents, uncles, and cousins.  The first few days, he spent with my brother, Joel, and his wife Cindy. This is Alex at BYU campus where Candace and Aaron took this picture of him striking a pose. 

This is my brother Joel and his wife Cindy.  During the time Alex was at their house, they were able to be sealed in the Oquirrh Mountain temple in Utah.  We wished we all could have been there to celebrate but time and distance didn't allow.  Regardless, we want to extend our congratulations to them.

Above is the Oquirrh Mountain Temple where they were sealed.


This is my sister, Candace, and her husband Aaron on BYU campus.  They are the ones that took Alex to BYU.  We lived in the same apartment complex as them for awhile while we lived in Utah and were all going to BYU at some point.  Those were good times.

After the sealing, Alex went back with my parents to their house in Burley, Idaho.  He has been there ever since.  The first weekend he was able to spend time with his cousins and aunts and uncles.  Candace said he told her that he wanted his cousins to remember him as their super cool cousin when he goes on his mission so he tried to spend extra time playing with his cousins. 

Since then, he has been working at grandma and grandpas.  He helped my parents put in a drip system and several others things.  Today, they left for Texas with his two cousins, Kadie and Colton.  We will finally get to see him in Texas at my sister Melanie's wedding.  I've missed him a lot.  Even though he is ornery at times, there is a definite hole in our family without him here.  I'm looking forward to seeing him for a few days before he's off on the next adventure.

After the wedding, he will continue with my parents and his two cousins to Nauvoo, Illinois to be part of the Nauvoo pageant for two weeks.  Our family will join them the second week and also participate in the Nauvoo pageant as well as meet several other family members there.  It will be a good time and an uplifting experience to end our summer with only a week left when we come back before school starts.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, your summer is flying by. I can't believe your kids will be back to school in less than a month. It won't be long before Alex goes on his mission, so this will give you practice. It makes me kind of sad that our kids are growing up so fast! I'm glad he is enjoying his time with the extended family. He will be able to look back on these good times with a smile on his face :)

Nikki said...

I think it is so good for kids to be away because they appreciate you more when they return. Looks like he's having fun. My parents work in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. I wonder who sealed your family member? My dad does sealings there all the time.