Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bubbles

Jarem is my dishes helper this week.  Last night as we were doing dishes, we made some soapy water to wash a few things.  Jarem has been excited about taking pictures, so he wanted to take a picture of the bubbles.  As he was taking a picture, he accidentally dropped the camera into the soapy water... 


Normally, that would be the end of the camera, but fortunately Eric bought this camera before the 50-mile hike and is supposed to be water-resistant, drop-resistant, and a hundred other things.  I gave him a hard time about it when he bought it.  This was the camera Jarem dropped, so it got the true test.  And amazingly, I dried it off with a towel and it was back to taking pictures like nothing happened!!  I just uploaded the pictures and that works fine too...amazing!

Here's the picture he took of me after the camera incident.  Lucky boy for choosing the right camera to drop! 

4 comments:

Linda said...

I gasped out loud when I read the part about him dropping your camera! I am so glad it was not the one I thought!

Susan said...

Thank goodness it was not your camera! You have to let Eric be right once in a while :)

Anonymous said...

wow...you sure are lucky!

Tami said...

That is so funny. I didn't know that there were cameras that were drop resistent! Cool. The best part is that your son was doing dishes! He must have a great mom!