Sunday, May 23, 2010

Preschool Year Memories

The other day, Jarem and his preschool friends were telling each other where they lived so they can visit each other.   Jarem said, "If you see a red house with leaks in it, that's  my house!".  His friend, Drake, has a red house too, but they decided that they will able to tell the difference because Drake's DOESN'T have leaks. :)

Another day, I was dropping off Jarem at preschool as one of the other girls from his class was walking in. She waved to us as  we were getting out of the car. I said, "Hannah seems like a nice girl.."  Jarem said, "She may seem (with emphasis) nice, but she copies everyone and she always tattle tales."  It was so funny!

A couple of weeks ago, Eric and I took Jarem out to lunch after preschool.  We went to the Greek cafe in the mall.  Jarem had been begging to ride the 75 cent rides in the entrance area of the mall and Eric and I told him we were sorry but we didn't have any quarters.  Next to the cash register in the cafe, they had a cardboard stand where you could put in quarters to donate to children suffering from lymphoma and other serious childhood illnesses.  As soon as he saw the quarters, he wanted to use the quarters for those rides.  On the cardboard stand there was a picture of a sick child, so we showed him the picture and told him it was money to help sick kids.  He was thoughtful for a minute and then said, "I was sick last week, and no one gave me any quarters."

Mother's Day questions:
My Mom
My mom is 30 years old
My mom is prettiest when she wears earrings.
My mom likes to make beads.
My mom always says, "I love you".
My mom is funny when she does funny voices.
My mom likes to eat mushrooms on pizza
My mom's favorite game is her blog
My mom would never be mean to me
When we are outside, my Mom likes to plant her plants
My mom is really good at playing
My favorite thing to do with my mom is play cars with her
My Mom's favorite thing to do with me is hug and kiss me
Something my Mom has taught me piano lessons
I know my Mom loves me because she cuddles with me

I thought the "wears earrings" one was the cutest because he always wants me to get my earrings on before we go anywhere.

As a behavior incentive for his preschool class, they get a Skittle or M&M for each hour that they have good behavior at preschool. Normally Jarem is there 3 hours so he gets 3.  Everyday when I pick him up from preschool, the first thing he does is he gives me one of his Skittles or M&M's.  It is very sweet.  Then he always saves one for Eric and there is one left for him.  He has been wanting to stay until 2pm sometime since most of his class stays until then.  Staying for lunch sounded exciting, but he was most excited because he would get 5 M&M's.  I asked him what he would do with 5 M&M's?  He said, "Give one to Dad, give one to Tessa, give one to you, give one to me."  I said, "But you'll have one left".  He said,  "I'll give the last one to Alex."

Lately in his prayers, he says, "I'm thankful for my family, even Alex."  Alex teases him a lot, and is in ornery teenage mode a lot lately.

4 comments:

6L's said...

this is the cutest, sweetest post ever about jarem! LOVE IT! the comment about hannah made me laugh....he is right, lol!

Susan said...

Jarem is so sweet. Those are wonderful things to remember. I love blogging because you can look back and remember what the kids were like when they were younger. I wish I had discovered it years ago!

Anonymous said...

Jarem says the cutest things! I love how he mentioned that he didint get any quarters when he was sick! too cute!

Christie said...

These are the sweetest stories. I love them. Every one of them just emulates why I LOVE preschoolers!